August Saturday Women's Fellowship
The topic this month was prayer. I thought I'd share a few quotes with you. So, if you missed it, you won't have missed it completely!
"We generally look upon prayer as a means of getting things for ourselves, but the Biblical idea of prayer is that God's holiness, purpose, and wise order may be brought about"
"Prayer nurtures the life of God in us."
"'Ask and it shall be given to you.' (John 11:22) We grouse before God and are apologetic or apathetic, but we ask very few things; yet what a splended audacity a child-like child has! And our Lord says, 'Unless you...become as little children...(Matthew 18:3). As long as we are self-sufficient and complacent, we don't need to ask God for anything. It's only when we know we are powerless that we are prepared to listen to Jesus Christ and do what He says"
"Only when a man flounders beyond any grip of himself and cannot understand things does he really pray."
-----Oswald Chambers from If You Will Ask
"Honest dealing becomes us when we kneel in His pure presence. In our address to God we like to speak of Him as we think we ought to speak, and there are times when our words far out run our feelings. But it is best that we should be perfectly frank before Him. He will allow us to say anything we will, so long as it is to Himself. 'I will say unto God, my rock,' exclaims the psalmist, 'why has thou forgotten me?' If he had said, 'Lord, thou canst not forget. Thou hast graven my name on the palms of thy hands,' he would have spoken more worthily, but less truly."
-----David M'Intyre from an excerpt from The Hidden Life of Prayer in Best of Tozer vol.2
Saturday, August 19, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Though I am so blessed to have had one last amazing weekend with my girls and Noah I am truly sorry I missed this. I hope it was taped!
Rhonda
I love it when you post stuff like this! I can pretend I am there with you.
Thank you for sharing...it helps me stay a part of all of you and learn and grow with my sisters in Fort Bragg.
Hey Bridget... Nicki is a Hawaii for lifer...did you think you knew her?
Anways hope you are having a blessed day...where are all the new picts?
Blessings...
ShannON
Post a Comment